Fancy an exciting zingy extra tasty salad this summer? This is it!
Spongy aubergines love to be bathed in spice and charred until soft and caramelised. Chopped warm and added to the fresh cherry tomatoes and garlic they liven up to give a delicious tongue tingling flavour.
We used the air fryer to cook the aubergine quickly, but you can roast it in the oven at 180ºC for 30 mins or even char it on the BBQ.
Save this recipe and enjoy it on the warm summer evenings with great company. Head to our groceries for most of the ingredients.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 1 aubergine
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp cajun spice (or a mix of cumin, chilli, paprika)
- 3 tablespoons olive or rapeseed oil (divided)
- 150g greek style yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic
- juice and zest 1/2 lime
- 8 torn mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer or oven 180ºC.
- Step 1: Slice the green top off the aubergine, then cut in half and chop into long pieces, about 8.
- Step 2: Mix together 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 teaspoons of cajun spice, season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Brush this onto the aubergine pieces.
- Step 3: Line the basket with parchment paper and air fry for 18 minutes at 180ºC and check and turn half way through. (If using the oven it may take 30 minutes)
- Step 4: Chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters and add them to a mixing bowl. Finely grate the garlic clove and add this to the bowl, add the zest and juice of half a lime, 2 tablespoons of olive oil a small pinch of salt and pepper. Tear in the mint leaves. Chop the warm aubergine into 1 inch pieces and add this to the bowl, mix.
- Step 5: Spoon half the greek yoghurt onto each plate and top with the warm aubergine salad sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.