We are always on the hunt for the perfect ‘no bake’ homemade snack and this is one of the best yet!! They are cute, sweet, salty and delicious. We recommend keeping them in the freezer so they don’t disappear too quickly. They are incredibly moorish, a real treat.
The base is oat and ground almonds, centre peanut butter and coconut oil and top chocolate and coconut oil- with a bit of sweetness added.
If you’re a choc PB lover you’ll love these, we promise!
Ingredients: makes 12 mini cups
- For the base:
- 100g oats
- 25g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons milk- of your choice
- For the centre:
- 100g peanut butter
- 30g coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- For the top:
- 100g dark chocolate
- 15g coconut oil
- Plus – Achill Island sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Make the oat base; add the oats and almonds to a blender, pulse to blend. Add the honey and 1 tablespoon of milk, blend again until the mix comes together, add more milk if needed. Spoon the base into the mini mounds and push down with the back of a small spoon.
- To make the centre; melt the coconut oil in the microwave or small pot, stir in the peanut butter and honey, mix well. Pour on top of the base and chill for 1 hour.
- For the top; melt the chocolate and coconut oil together and spoon on top, smooth over with a spatula.
- Chill again for 15 minutes.
- Pop the cups from the moulds, sprinkle with sea salt and tuck in.
- They will keep in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Take from the freezer 30 minutes before eating.