This fragrant sweet potato gratin is a gorgeous dish with steamed or salad greens and crispy tofu. It’s soft, creamy and so delicious! Sweet, spicy, nutty and fragrant with peanut butter, coriander and coconut. Did you know that we now sell fresh Irish coriander?
- 6 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped (stalks & all)
- 1 tsp ground ginger (or 1 tbsp grated fresh)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 1 lime (zest & juice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Heat the oven to 200C and put the sweet potato in a baking dish.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a mixing jug then pour over the potatoes.
- Mix well to ensure each slice is coated in the sauce. Then cover with a crumpled piece of baking parchment and bake for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the parchment and return the dish to the oven to brown the top. This should only take 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the gratin to settle a little before scooping out in large slices then enjoy!