Quick, dairy free, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, kid approved, only 3 ingredients and very tasty! You need to try these cookies.
My kids are alway hungry and I like to have snacks on hand that have a bit of goodness in them. Almonds are a superfood and while my kids wont eat whole almonds they will happy munch on these cookies instead.
They may not look perfect but for a quick bake they hit the spot. They are crispy on the outside soft in the middle. If you’re feeling extra fancy drizzle some melted chocolate on top.
Will you try them?
Ingredients: makes 10 small cookies
- 100g ground almonds
- 35ml maple syrup
- 25g coconut oil
- Step 1: Preheat the oven 170ºC. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Step 2: Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or in a small pot and stir in the maple syrup.
- Step 3: Mix the coconut and maple into the ground almonds and work into a dough. Use your hands to form 10 small balls put them on the baking tray 1.5 inch apart.
- Step 4: Use a fork to push the balls down and make a crisscross on the top of each cookie.
- Step 5: Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.