Carrots are super versatile, economical and tasty! Carrots as a kid were boiled and boring but roasted with a bit of sweetness and spice they make a delicious sharing dish. We are hitting all the flavour profiles with this plate, sweet carrot, salty feta, bitter toasted pumpkin seeds and sour notes from the lemon zest!!! Try it out and get your taste buds tingling.
Serve up as a tasty snack, have it with a green salad or with some toasted sourdough..yum.
Try it soon and let us know what you think.
P.S. If you don’t have an air fryer simply roast the carrots with oil, s & p, for 15 minutes @ 180ºC then add the honey and cumin and roast for another 5 minutes.
Ingredients: serves 4 as a side dish
- 500g carrots (about 5 medium)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oil
- pinch salt and pepper
For the whipped feta
- 150g feta
- 100g greek yoghurt
- 1/2 lemon zest
- pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Plus 80g toasted pumpkin seeds
- Scrub and peel the carrots
- Chop into 4 long pieces and add them to a mixing bowl and toss in oil, salt and pepper.
- Add a 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket. Place the carrots on the rack and air fry for 15 minutes at 180ºc, shake half way through.
- While the carrots cook, make the whipped feta, simply add all the ingredients to a mixer and blend until really smooth. I used my Ninja smoothie maker, any small powerful blender will work.
- Back the carrots after the 15 minutes are up, drizzle over the honey and sprinkle the cumin, give the carrots a shake and cook for a further 5 minutes at 200ºc.
- When the carrots are done, toasted the pumpkin seeds in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 200ºc.
- Pour the whipped feta into a bowl, pile the carrots on top and scatter the pumpkin seeds over both.