Roasting vegetables for salsa makes a huge difference flavour-wise, and we found that the air fryer is the perfect piece of equipment for making this quick, tasty dip. It makes short work of this side dish and saves the energy of warming up a whole large oven if you are not using it already for something else. Serve with tortilla crisps or as part of your next taco night.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 pepper
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a courgette
- 1 jalapeño (or 4/5 slices from a jar)
- a small bunch of coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place, cut side up, in the air fryer basket. Cut the pepper, onion and courgette into quarters. Leave the garlic cloves in their skin and place in the air fryer. Cook on high for 15 minutes or until everything is nicely roasted.
- Let the vegetables cool then place in a food processor with the ‘S’ blade. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skin. Then pulse with the jalapeño (we used some slices from a jar), coriander, cumin and seasoning. Don’t blend too smooth, it’s better with some texture.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as you like with more salt, pepper or jalapeños. Serve in a bowl with tortilla crisps and enjoy!