A beautiful winter root vegetable, yet often overlooked – the humble Swede! Swedes are an excellent source of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and vitamins E and C. They also contain a moderate amount of folate, a B vitamin that’s important for metabolism, protein synthesis, and DNA replication. So they’re not just versatile and tasty, but really good for you! We grow swede each year right here on our farm, from seed. It’s beautiful to see them grow.
Here’s our Swede recipes – klick on the bold parts to get directly to the recipe page.
- How about a lovely bowl of Coconut dhal and roasted Swede?
- A real showshopper: our mustard and maple roast swede!
- Or some parsnip fritters with a coconut and swede lentil stew. Delicious.
- Especially nice on a cold blustery day: sunshine soup
- A veggie twist on a classic: Chili non carne
- this super versatile dish works with so many different veggies: buddha bowls