The days of 3 square meals has gone out the window for most. Snacking seems to be habitual to many and it definitely isn’t a bad thing so long as the snacks are packed full of energy boasting ingredients like these yummy sugar free flapjacks.
Feel free to snack on these morning, noon or night they taste so good. We favour these over individually wrapped packets from the supermarket too! #lessplasticpackaging
Tip: These flapjacks work best with really ripe black bananas. You can ripen yellow bananas by baking them in the oven for 30-40 mins at 180c or in the air fryer at 180c for 13 minutes.
- 200g oats
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 50g mixed seeds (or nuts)
- 100g pitted dates
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 50g butter melted (or coconut oil)
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Line a 8×8 inc baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Measure the oats, coconut and seeds into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Discard the water from the dates and add them to a blender along with the 4 ripe bananas and melted butter. Blend to a smoothish paste.
- Add the paste to the mixing bowl and stir everything together.
- Tip the mix into the baking tray, push it down and flatten the top as best you can.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.