Craving lasagne but can’t be bothered with the faff? Make this speedy version all in one pan. It’s honestly so so delicious, and really hits the spot. We switch mince for nutritious, affordable, planet-friendly lentils and if we have a courgette in the fridge, it goes in in long thin slices to play along with the pasta sheets. We kinda like how organic and messy these bowls turn out. Want more creamy, béchamel-type sauce? Add swirls of cream cheese or creme fraiche just before serving.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning (or a mix of herbs you like)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin lentils, drained
- 8 lasagne sheets, snapped
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- cheese & pesto to serve
- In a sturdy pan, sauté the onion with the olive oil and a pinch of salt for 5-8 minutes or until it starts to soften.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic and a generous grind of black pepper. Cook for another minute or two until very fragrant.
- Pour in the tomatoes and lentils along with a tin of water. Then break in the lasagne sheets and stir in the courgette slices. Simmer, stirring regularly, for around 10 minutes. If needed, add a splash more water.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt or pepper as you like, then when the pasta sheets are soft, sprinkle cheese and dollop pesto. Serve in bowls and dig in!