These curried cauliflower fritters are simple to make but taste absolutely incredible! We love them with a lime, coriander and yoghurt dip for lunch, or they make a spectacular side to a homemade curry. The batter is made with chickpea flour, so nutritious and with a gorgeous savoury crunch, it’s the perfect way to elevate the humble cauliflower. Give these a try and let us know how you get on.
- 1 mug chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 3/4 mug water
- 1/2 a cauliflower, finely chopped
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 pot natural yoghurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime, zested and halved
- a large handful of fresh coriander
- flakey salt to serve
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, curry powder, salt and pepper with the water. You should be left with a smooth, fairly thick batter. You can add more water if it needs.
- Chop up the cauliflower (include any leaves) and stir through the batter to evenly coat the pieces.
- Heat up a couple of cm of vegetable oil in a deep frying pan to shallow fry the fritters in. While it is heating, get a plate ready with a piece of kitchen paper to drain the fritters on after frying. You can also make the dip now too. Zest the lime into the yoghurt and squeeze in half the juice. Cut the other half of the lime into wedges to squeeze over the fritters later. Chop up the coriander and stir through the yoghurt with a little salt and pepper.
- Now the oil should be hot and you can fry the fritters in batches. Use a serving spoon to dollop the batter into the hot oil. After a few minutes, when golden brown, carefully turn the fritters and fry the other side. Careful not to splash hot oil on yourself us you turn the fritters. Use a spatular and a spoon to turn and lower the fritters without splashing.
- Remove the fritters when they are cooked and place on the kitchen paper to drain. Then keep frying in small batches until all the mixture is used up.
- Serve sprinkled with flakey sea salt and lime wedges. Dunk in the yoghurt and enjoy!