Warm baked oats on an autumn morning are a real treat. We’ve added chocolate for extra indulgence and they are just lovely with baked bananas and sticky dates.
Porridge oats are a great start to the day, they are a great source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. We love to add chopped dates to add fibre and natural sweetness.
My kids just love these baked oat pot and top them with yoghurt for an extra serving of protein.
Let us know if you try them.
Ingredients: makes 3 pots – or 1 small loaf
- 100g oats
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 7 dates – 50g – pitted and chopped
- 1 banana plus extra to finish
- 100ml milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 1 flat tsp baking powder
- 50g chocolate, chopped
- Slice banana
- Step 1: Preheat the oven. Put 3 ceramic pots on a baking tray. Or use a lined and greased loaf tin.
- Step 2: To a blender add the oats, cocoa powder, dates, 1 banana, milk, egg, baking powder. Blend until smooth.
- Step 3: Add a spoon of the mix to each pot, then top with half the chopped chocolate. Spoon the rest on top and sprinkle the remaining chocolate and a slice of banana to each pot. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy warm.