Quick pickling is such an easy way to transform fresh radishes into vibrant pink flavour bombs. I don’t use any measurements here, sorry. Simply slice, season with salt and sugar as you like, then drench with your favourite vinegar. Let the radishes sit for a couple of hours in the fridge and they are ready to enjoy! Eat these quick pickles fast, within a few days as they won’t last as long as a hot pickle. They are gorgeous on any salad, on tacos or as I’ve done here on tofu ricotta toast with pepper and mint. Such a lovely spring lunch!
- radishes, thinly sliced
- a pinch of salt
- a generous sprinkle of sugar
- apple cider vinegar (red wine vinegar is good here too)
- Thinly slice washed radishes and place in a clean mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and sugar as you like and mix.
- Drench with vinegar, enough to coat all the slices. Stir well and pack into a clean jar. Pour in any liquid at the bottom of the bowl and press the radishes down to submerge them in the liquid. You’ll find that although you don’t put in much vinegar, the salt will draw water from the radishes and soon there will be enough liquid to cover them.
- Let the radishes quickly pickle and blush an vibrant pink over a couple of hours in the fridge. Then eat them within a couple of days. Enjoy!