If you like a classic potato salad with mayonnaise, you’ll love this one. The added extras like tangy sauerkraut and pickles and earthy-sweet carrots and beetroot make it a step up from the norm. What’s a barbecue or buffet without a bowl of potato salad? Try this one with our fresh-from-the-fields new potatoes, carrots and beetroots. You could even make your own vegan mayo, fermented cucumbers and sauerkraut using our farm produce and groceries too if you like! Otherwise we stock mayonnaise, pickles and sauerkraut in our grocery section.
- 12 new potatoes
- 1 beetroot
- 2 carrots
- 3 tbsp aioli/mayonaise
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut
- 4 tbsp chopped fermented/pickled cucumbers
- large handful of dill/fennel fronds (or chopped chives)
- Halve the new potatoes and dice the carrots, then boil together until tender. Drain them and allow to cool.
- Boil the beetroot in its skin in a separate pan until tender. This takes around 30 minutes. Then run the beetroot under cold water and rub the skin off and dice into 1 cm pieces.
- Dice the fermented/pickled cucumbers.
- Chop the dill or fennel fronds.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gently stir the ingredients together then taste and add salt or pepper if needed.