This Greek-inspired potato salad is so much better than the ordinary mayonnaise version. Spiked with fresh herbs, zippy red onions, salty olives and feta, every mouthful is bliss. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- 2 small red onions, finely sliced
- a couple of handfuls each, chopped mint & dill
- a block of feta, chopped
- 3 handfuls of black olives, stones removed
- 1 kg potatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces and boiled or steamed
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut and boil or steam your potatoes until just tender. Then drain and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the rest of the ingredients. Peel and thinly slice the red onions, cut the feta and herbs and de-stone the olives. Place them all in a large salad bowl.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl and then mix the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a small jar. Pour this dressing over the potatoes and then gently stir the salad to mix the ingredients.
- Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed, then enjoy!