This salad is SO delicious and a brilliant way to make the most of seasonal courgettes. It’s fresh and crunchy, with different colours, textures and flavours all drenched in the most moreish nutty sauce. Eat it as it is topped with salted peanuts, herbs and chillies for the best summer lunch. It makes a great packed lunch too.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 courgette, spiralised
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 a red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/8 of a red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- a handful of fresh herbs (coriander and mint go well here)
- a couple of handfuls of salted peanuts
For the dressing:
- 3 heaped tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- a few splashes of cold water
- Start by preparing the vegetables and pilling them up in a large salad bowl or in serving bowls or lunch boxes.
- Make the dressing by mixing the ingredients together in a bowl or jug, loosen the dressing with small splashes of cold water and keep mixing until you get a smooth, pourable sauce.
- Drizzle the sauce over the vegetables and top with chilli slices, fresh herb and salted peanuts. Enjoy right away. If you want to serve it later, keep the vegetables and dressing separate in the fridge until you are ready to serve.