Sweet, sour, creamy and soooo delicious. Rhubarb and custard is a classic for a reason. Overnight oats are the perfect breakfast on the go or when you are short on time in the mornings. Try this recipe next time you get a bunch of rhubarb.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- approx 16 tbsp stewed rhubarb
- 500ml milk
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 400g oats
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp natural/vanilla yogurt
- more vanilla yoghurt to serve (you can make your own by sweetening natural yoghurt with honey/maple syrup and adding vanilla to taste)
- To 4 clean jars, add a layer of stewed rhubarb. I like around 4 tbsp per jar but do it to your taste.
- In a large bowl, mix the milk, salt, vanilla, syrup, oats and chia seeds. You can leave out the yoghurt if you like, but I think it adds extra creaminess. So stir that in too if you like.
- Divide the mixture between the 4 jars and top each jar with more yoghurt.
- Put the lids on and pop in the fridge overnight. In the morning, enjoy your quick breakfast with a spoon. Dig in and get some tangy rhubarb with each bite.