🐣Try these deviled potatoes filled with whipped chickpea ‘yolk’. They are sooooo delicious! The perfect Easter party food. Yum! You can cook the halved potatoes however you like of course, but we popped them in a roasting dish with a little oil and seasoning, covered with a lid and baked until tender. Serve as a fun starter, part of an easter buffet or as canapés with drinks. Happy Easter!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp salt (if you can find kala namak aka black salt then you’ll get the eggiest flavour)
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
~ approx 14 cooked potato halves
~ paprika & chopped scallion to serve
- Put all the ingredients into a small blender and blend until creamy. If you like, add another spoon or two of mayo to get your desired texture.
- Spoon into a piping bag and pipe generous dollops onto cooked, halved potatoes.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of paprika and chopped scallions or chives. Cover and chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve.