This frittata is so handy to make and works perfectly with gorgeous Irish root veg! You can add just about any cooked veg to your frittata, here we are using delicious turnip and potato thats delicious with spinach and feta. Any left over cooked veg can be used think beetroot, peppers, courgette, carrots, parsnips, broccoli or peas it’s a real #zerowaste hero recipe.
This recipe makes a large frittata that is great for feeding a crowd for lunch, dinner or picnic. The best part is you can have it hot or cold.
Make a root veg with your next veg box.
Ingredients: makes 8 big slices
- 300g cooked turnip/swede, cooled and diced
- 300g cooked potato, cooled and diced
- 150g feta
- 18 eggs
- zest 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- handful spinach
- Step 1: Preheat the oven 180ºC and line a baking tin (20cm x 30cm) with parchment paper.
- Step 2: Scatter the cooked turnip and potato, evenly, over the bottom of the tray.
- Step 3: Chop the baby spinach roughly and put it on top of the turnip and potato.
- Step 4: In a bowl whisk the eggs along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Zest the lemon into the egg and mix well.
- Step 5: Pour the egg mix over the veg and push any veg sticking up down with a fork.
- Step 4: Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve warm with a salad or cold on a picnic.