These chocolate raspberry chia seed hearts have been trending on the social channels and are the perfect Valentines sweet treat!
We love berry chia seed jam and these chocolate centres have something similar. The chia seeds swell up and give this jammy consistency that works perfectly with raspberries.
Raspberries and chocolate (milk or dark) work so well together. Make these for the one you love, your kids or treat yourself. #selflove
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 20g whole chia seeds
- 200g dark or milk chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter (dairy or non dairy)
- 40g white chocolate to decorate, optional
- Pop the fresh raspberries into a bowl and mash with a fork, add in the chia seeds, mix well and set aside for 30 minutes to let the seeds swell.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. To make the heart shapes, use a teaspoon to scoop a small amount of the raspberry mix and put it on the tray in the shape of a ball, flatten with the back of the spoon to make one side of the heart. Put another ball right beside the first one and smooth to make the other side of the heart and make a point for the bottom of the heart. Repeat with all the mix.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pot of boiling water or in the microwave.
- Place one of the frozen hearts in the chocolate and spoon over more chocolate, put it on a tray to set.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over – this is optional.
- These chocolate hearts will keep in the fridge for 3 days.