High in protein cottage cheese banana and chocolate chip ice cream is worth trying!! It tastes tangy but sweet and tasty. We added some optional peanut butter and salted peanuts for extra crunch, saltiness and goodness.
When the weathers hot it’s great to get some goodness from our ice cream. We stock fair trade organic bananas and delicious dark chocolate that are perfect partners in this handy to make ice cream.
Both my kids tucked in.
Let us know if you try it.
Ingredient: makes 2 portions
- 300g cottage cheese
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup maple/honey
- 40g chopped chocolate
- optional extras: peanut butter and chopped peanuts
- Step 1: Chop the chocolate roughly into shards.
- Step 2: Add the cottage cheese, banana, maple to a blender. Blend until silky smooth.
- Step 3: Pour into a container/lunchbox and stir in the chopped chocolate. Cover with a lid and freeze for about 3-4 hours until set.
- Step 4: Remove from the freezer and let thaw for 15 minutes. Scoop into bowls, top with peanut butter and peanuts if you like, and enjoy.
- **It will be a bit icy in parts just mix it with a spoon.