Save this recipe to make over Easter. It’s a crowd pleaser, fun as a starter or part of a buffet. These are so delicious and fun to make with kids. Brush with a blend of butter, parsley and garlic or if you are lucky enough to live near a patch of wild garlic, you could make wild garlic butter for an extra special seasonal treat. We use our favourite Naturli butter to keep it dairy free, have you tried it yet?
Ingredients (makes 16)
- 450g flour
- 7g instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350ml warm water
- 50g butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- a handful of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- flakey salt to serve
- Start with the pizza dough, it will need time to prove. Measure all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon to combine and work into a sticky, stretchy dough. Scrape down the sides and cover the bowl with a tea towel. Leave somewhere warm until doubled in size (this takes around an hour).
- When your dough is doubled in size, turn the oven to 200C and flour a clean work surface. Scrape the sticky dough out onto the floured surface and, using your hands as little as possible (this dough is sticky!), use a dough scraper to gather and turn the dough over into a ball. Use the dough scraper to cut the ball into 4 pieces. Then cut each quarter into four additional pieces. You should have 16 pieces of dough now.
- Roll each piece into a rope and then fold and twist into a bunny shape (see video). Place all the bunnies onto one or two large, lined baking sheets and cover with a clean tea towel. Leave to prove and almost double in size again in a warm spot.
- When your bunnies are ready, pop them in the oven to bake until golden brown (around 15-20 minutes).
- Meanwhile blend the garlic butter ingredients together in a small food processor. Or you can mince the garlic and parsley and stir into softened butter and season to taste.
- When the bunnies come out of the oven, spoon and brush over the garlic butter whilst it is still hot. Serve on a board or platter with the leftover butter and a sprinkle of flakey salt. Enjoy!