Blushing beautiful beetroot so vibrant and sweet. They are a nutritional powerhouse, good for your heart and blood and gut. We’ve increased the nutrient value by adding some wholesome ingredients to make these delicious dosas. Eat them as they are, add a sandwich filling with roast veggies or eat along side a spiced dahl. My kids called them pink wraps and thats a good description too.
I love to steam all my beets and then use them in various ways like roasting with balmasic vinegar for a salad, slicing to eat in a sandwich, grated to add to chocolate muffins etc.
How do you like to cook with beetroot?
PS – it may not be an authentic dosa recipe but it is really tasty all the same.
Ingredients: makes 4
- 75g oats
- 100g chickpea flour (gram flour)
- 1 small cooked beetroot– steamed is best (125g)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150ml-200ml water as needed
- oil to cook
- Step 1: To a powerful blender add all the ingredients apart from the water. Blend the ingredients and add the water a little at a time to make a batter. The consistency of the batter is really important it should be pourable like crepe batter.
- Step 2: Heat a frying pan on a medium heat. Drizzle with oil and carefully wipe with kitchen paper to coat the pan.
- Step 3: Add a ladle of the batter to the pan, use the back of the ladle to thin out the batter and form a round shape. Cook on a low heat for a few minutes then use a spatula to carefully flip over and cook for a further minute. Repeat.