This flavour bomb is perfect with crackers and pickles. We love to serve it on a large grazing board of dips, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, pickles, olives, nuts and crackers for our new years eve gathering. Guests can take what they like and everything here goes with a glass or two of wine. Grazing boards are fuss free and low on the effort and washing up front, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy the party. This vegetarian pâté always gets lots of recipe requests, so here it is! Happy 2023 everyone!
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 15 sundried tomato halves (the softened type, found in a jar in oil)
- black olives, stones removed (fill around 1/2 of the chickpea tin, that’s about the right amount)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp capers
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. It is really that simple. Spoon out into a jar or small bowl and enjoy!
- Keep in the fridge and use within 3 days. Otherwise it freezes well, but when you defrost it, blend it again with a handful of chickpeas before serving to fix the texture.