We love these fritters! In fact I made them twice at the Farm Walk and I was asked for the full recipe so here it is. This is especially for Kenneths mother Maureen, who I promised I would share this, so she can make them at home herself.
This September we are making a conscious decision to eat more Irish produce, the carrots and courgettes are from the farm. While the other ingredients are from further afield we are happy knowing that these came from Irish soil. And I tell my kids that when we eat these fritters. Oh and my daughter had these in her lunchbox for school and loved them.
Let us know if you try them.
Ingredients: makes 18
- 1 courgette, 200g
- 2 carrot, 200g
- 1 medium sweet potato, 250g
- 1 red onion, 90g
- 1.5 cup chickpea flour/gram flour, 150g
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ black pepper
- oil to fry
- Step 1: Using a machine or box grater, grate the courgette, carrot, sweet potato and red onion, mix well.
- Step 2: In a separate bowl add the chickpea flour, curry powder, chilli flakes, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Step 3: Pour the seasoned chickpea flour all over the grated veggies and using you hands mix really well, this will take a few minutes. Really give it a good squeeze and work it almost like a dough. The liquid from the veg will help to form a batter with the flour.
- Step 4: Warm a frying pan on a medium heat, add tablespoon of oil. Shape the mix into small patties fry for a couple of minutes, flip and fry again until cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack and repeat.