The brutal invasion of Ukraine has us all in shock and we have been thinking about the best way to help children fleeing the war. So we have decided to fundraise for UNICEF who are already on the ground, working hard to deliver life-saving aid to the country’s 7.5 million children. (UNICEF are a trusted charity who help children fleeing conflict around the world. Please consider a monthly donation to them to help children of all races, suffering in all war zones.)
How You Can Help
Just by placing an order you are helping us raise funds this week. We will donate €1 for each order made this week and if you would like to add one of our charity boxes to your order (€30) we will top it up by an extra 10 euros and add all those €40s to the donation pot too.
We will announce how much we raise together for UNICEF on the 15th of March. Thank you so much for your orders and generous charity box donations.
What are UNICEF doing?
As the crisis escalates, UNICEF is working across eastern Ukraine to scale up life-saving programmes for children. This includes trucking safe water to conflict-affected areas. It also includes readying health & education supplies and working to make sure there is instant help for children and families in need. UNICEF-supported mobile teams are also providing psychosocial care to traumatized children.
From their four offices located on both sides of the front line in Kramatorsk, Mariupol, Luhansk and Donetsk, UNICEF is working to:
- Repair schools and water points damaged by the bombardments and ensuring access to drinking water for more than 1.7 million people.
- Support the health care system. This includes providing necessary vaccines for preventable diseases like polio and measles.
- Provide psychosocial support to more than 200,000 families and children.
- Repair damaged schools and kindergartens, as well as vital water and sanitation facilities.
- Deliver vaccines, essential supplies, and cold chain equipment, support national efforts to strengthen the health care system and work with the community to ensure better service and coverage.