Our bumper crop of beautiful broccoli is so tasty. Of course we mostly eat it steamed as a side dish, but there are countless ways to eat broccoli. What are your favourite recipes? Here’s our currant obsession, fritters studded with lots of nutty sesame seeds, savoury seaweed and scallions. Delicious dunked in sweet chilli sauce. Give them a try and let us know what you think. You can add all the specialist ingredients (chickpea flour, seaweed flakes, sesame seeds, sweet chilli sauce…) to your next order. Our range of groceries is always growing. We always source organic, and plastic free and local where possible.
Ingredients (makes 14 small fritters)
- 1 mug of chickpea flour
- 1 mug of warm water
- 1 tsp each: garlic granules, ground ginger, chilli flakes, salt
- 1/2 a broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 6 tbsp sesame seeds
- a handful of dried seaweed flakes
- neutral oil for frying
- sweet chilli dipping sauce to serve
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, water, garlic, ginger, chilli and salt.
- Now finely chop the broccoli and scallion and add to the bowl along with the sesame seeds and seaweed flakes. Stir well to evenly distribute the ingredients through the batter.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with a generous slick of oil to medium-high, then fry the fritters. Space out spoons of the batter in the pan, fry until golden and crispy, then carefully flip and fry the other side. Keep your eye on the temperature of the oil, make sure it’s not so hot that the fritters burn on the outside and are raw in the middle, but not so cold so they soak up a lot of oil and stay soggy.
- Drain the fritters and keep frying in batches until the mixture is all used up. Serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce and enjoy!