St Patricks day is around the corner and we are very excited to cook and bake with all things green to celebrate! Spinach is a super food in so many ways. Great for fibre, vitamins K, C, A, iron and lots lots more. The flavour of baby spinach is subtle enough that it can be used in sweet recipes too and its perfect partner is the dominant flavour of a banana!
Tip: Use a powerful blender to mix the spinach along with the wet ingredients and you’ll get this lovely vibrant green colour through the pancakes.
We stock all the fresh and dry ingredients you need to make these fun green pancakes!
- 1 cup baby spinach, washed (40g)
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 150g plain yoghurt
- 100ml milk
- 240g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- oil to cook with
- Berries or bananas
- Tip the cup of spinach into a blender along with the banana, egg, plain yoghurt, milk and blend until really smooth and bright green.
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a mixing bowl. Mix really well with a spoon.
- Pour in the green liquid mix and gently stir the batter until no flour remains.
- Warm a frying pan on a medium heat and lightly oil.
- Add 2 dessert spoons of batter per pancake to the frying pan and use the back of the spoon to make them round. Cook 3-4 pancakes at a time if they fit on the pan.
- Cook until little bubbles appear then flip and cook for a further minute or two until cooked through.
- Serve warm with your favourite toppings .