Is pancake day is the best day of the year? How do you like yours? The classic lemon and sugar? Rolled up with chocolate spread? Or filled with something savoury like wilted spinach and cheese. We love this simple crepe recipe that happens to be egg and dairy free.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 mug of flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 mugs oat milk
- dairy free butter for frying
- fillings of your choice
- Measure the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and olive oil into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk whilst slowly pouring in the milk until you have a smooth batter. Let the batter rest for 20 minutes before frying or you can even make it the night before and keep it in the fridge overnight.
- Use a cast iron or non stick pancake pan for best results. Heat the pan to medium-high and add a tsp of butter. Let the butter melt and tilt the pan back and forth to spread the butter evenly around the base. Add a ladle of the batter to the pan and tilt it again to swirl the batter into a thin, even layer.
- Cook on the first side for a couple of minutes or until golden brown underneath. Then carefully flip the pancake and cook on the second side for another minute.
- Repeat until you have used all the batter and enjoy with your choice of fillings. Our favourite? A squeeze of fresh, organic lemon or blood orange and a small sprinkle of raw cane sugar.