Lighter, brighter days love lighter brighter dishes and we welcome all the delicious colourful organic salads. Make sure to arm yourself with some handy jam jar dressings like this one, make extra and store it in the fridge!
A jam jar dressing is very satisfying to make especially when you get to shake it up like a cocktail! Feel free to adjust and change up the flavours, you could add some dried herbs, chilli flakes, fresh grated garlic, lemon juice, pesto, or what ever you like.
Now you have your dressing sorted order some incredible organic produce for your salad www.greenearthorganics.ie Keep it simple like this feta salad full ingredients below.
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (white wine or cider)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 orange juice zest and juice
- 6 tablespoons light oil (sunflower/olive)
- salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 2 tomatoes– diced
- 1/2 cucumber – diced
- 100g feta– cubed
- lettuce leaves, washed and torn
- zest 1/2 orange
- Kalamata olives
- 10 mint leaves
- To make the dressing: Add all the dressing ingredients to a clean jam jar, put the lid on and shake well. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning if needed, it may need more salt, honey or vinegar, keep tasting and adjusting until you are happy with it.
- To make the salad pour half the dressing into a mixing bowl. Tear in the lettuce leaves, add the diced tomatoes, cucumber, feta cubes, zest the orange, and scatter in the olives. Gently toss through and pour onto a serving plate, top with mint leaves and serve.
- Keep the other half of the dressing, in the fridge, for or another day.