Egg fried rice but using wobbly silken tofu in place of the egg. This is such a delicious mid week, one pan, quick meal. If you ever find yourself with leftover rice, this is the solution! Its a great way to clear out the odds and ends from the veg drawer too. We love it served with kimchi or a squeeze of hot sauce, some scallions and sesame seeds. How do you eat yours?
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tbsp neutral vegetable oil
- 1 courgette, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced (or any combination of veg you prefer)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 block silken tofu
- 4 portions of cooked rice
- a big mug of frozen peas (or any tender greens you like)
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- kimchi to serve (or any toppings you prefer eg chopped scallions, hot sauce, toasted sesame seeds)
- Stir fry the courgette, carrots and cabbage (or any chopped veg you prefer) with the vegetable oil and a pinch of salt until just starting to soften (around 5 minutes).
- Add the block of silken tofu and break it up with the wooden spoon. Drizzle in the soy sauce and sprinkle in the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry for another minute or so.
- Add the rice and frozen peas (or other tender greens) and stir fry to warm through. Taste and add more soy sauce if needed. Then finish with nutty, delicious, toasted sesame oil and serve however you like. We love ours topped with tangy, spicy kimchi.