Beautiful green homegrown Irish broccoli! YES we are well use to it being the trusty side veg but it can be the start of the plate and with a bit of roasting and dressing and it is incredibly tasty. Its important to char it to get the subtle bitter notes that taste delicious with the sweet, salty and spicy dressing.
We used the air fryer to cook this but you can of course roast in the oven also.
Make this with the next head of broccoli that arrives in your Green Earth Organics box.
- For the broccoli:
- 1 whole head of broccoli
- pinch salt & pepper
- drizzle of oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup light tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated or minced
- Preheat the oven or air fryer 180c.
- Begin by chopping the broccoli into 8 long pieces, keeping the stalks on.
- Sprinkle the broccoli with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- To cook: If air frying you may need to cook the broccoli in 2 batches lay flat in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes at 180c. If roasting in the oven, lay the pieces flat on a tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes approx at 180c.
- For the sesame seeds: toast in the air fryer or oven for 5 minutes until golden, keep a close eye as they can burn easily.
- While the broccoli cooks make the tahini dressing: Simply whisk all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth and creamy, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- To serve, spoon half of the sauce onto a plate and top with the roasted broccoli and spoon over the remaining sauce sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.